• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Warwickshire Home Guard

Hi Chris, I have just added a transcription of the list of names to my original post. It is in PDF format, as .doc format is not allowed but at least it is searchable.
It was me who provided you with the original(s), If you would like the transcription in another format I can send it via your website.

Steve

Very sorry not to have remembered, Biscayne, and haven't had the opportunity of checking emails from that time. So, it looks as though all this might be new to Eric.

What you have provided looks as though it will be very useful. I'll have a good look into it just as soon as I can.

Chris

The 2nd Lt G C Coughlin wouldn't be my granddad he was simply Charles and I'm pretty sure he was 'other ranks' not an officer but thanks for looking.

Disappointing!

It's worth noting that, as the war progressed, suitable O/Rs and NCOs WERE commissioned. Suspect G C Coughlin was one of these - he doesn't appear in the first Officers List of February 1941.

Whereas A.J. Walker, M.M. does. But not in the 46th Warwickshire. He was, in 1941, in the 24th Warwickshire (Birmingham). I haven't much on this unit but there are a few fragments here, mainly from later on: http://www.staffshomeguard.co.uk/DotherReminiscences177A24thWarks.htm

Chris

Back