• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

dad

kmt123

master brummie
hi i have a photo of my dad on the empire windrush london in his army uniform all he ever told me was he was on the ship because of a perforated eardrum is there anything i can find what he was doing on that ship i have been told he fought in the korean war/.

hi...how interesting i wonder if he was coming back from korea with the perforated eardrum unfit for duty...other maybe able to advise you better than i can but have you thought of ordering his service records...i believe you get them from the ministry of defence they do cost a few quid and you can have a long wait to receive them

all the best

lyn

thanks astoness, he told me he had to come home on this ship has his ear was perfforated , i have spoken to others and they said that would have been because of shelling, most n the korean war who were injured came home on that ship, would i be able to find the records on ancestry?

Do you have the date? Sometimes you can get info from the shipping news in the Press.

The Empire Windrush caught fire and sank off Algiers in April 1954.

far as i know you wont find those service records on ancestry but best to check to be certain..

lyn

dont think so i think its the same with ww2 service records....the only place you can get them from is the MOD...

Back