• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

D J Norton photographs of Birmingham

Great site, John. I particularly like the picture of the couple on the corner of Suffolk Street. Not only do they look relaxed, they look very smart as well. ^-^

John thanks for the info of that site,
as you say it's going to be  of great interest
i particularly liked the one of New St Station,
I used to attend the College in the background
brings back many memories
O0

Thank you for the link John, I've spent a happy hour looking. :)

I had seen lots of the photos' before realising that if you click on the earlier of the two pictures you can enlarge it. :-[

Thanks John, those photos are really good...
amazing how close the 'before and after' are...
sign of a good photographer.

this site as just published some new photographs trams en-route Birmingham and Aston what good quality if it's not in your favourites you are missing out

Great site, it brings back so many memories of "how we were". Anyone else notice the advert for W.M. Taylors, Potters Hill, on the first tram shown?

excellent pictures simply the best....keep up the good work

Alf have you seen the picture of Marston Green Village. Just how i remember it in my train spoting days. Brilliant.

How lovely I live in Stirchley and I don't think I've seen photo,s such as these brill!

John, what a wonderful find. I hope to get time to fully absorb all the fantastic pictures very soon. Thanks for letting us know about this great site. Happy New Year to you by the way. Barry.

cheers Barrie but I think we must thank the fortitude of Mr Norton and now is son for building this website it certainly is one of my favourites you can all ways drop him a line

Thanks Sparks. I spotted it then realised it has been accessed previously. Not sure what was new in the BBC story unless additional photos have been made available.

Well worth a look.

Back