• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

D I Ray on ITV

Anyone watching this detective series ? Available on ITV Player. Filmed in Birmingham. Viv.
Watched the first one last night. Watchable but not brilliant. Been away from Brum for too long to recognise most locations but remembered a couple and of course the Library of Birmingham stood out. Some genuine sounding Brummie accents but a couple of dodgy ones too. Will watch tonight's episode and see how we go.

I wondered if the police office interiors were taken in Alpha Tower - the windows look very familiar. Spotted Smallbrook Ringway (opposite the old Scala/Odeon), several scenes were taken underneath Spaghetti Junction, Harborne also appears and St Paul’s Square in Hockley. The pub in the series looks familiar but not sure which one it is. I wondered if it’s the (closed) Red Lion on Soho Road.

The whole series is available on ITV Player.

The dodgy warehouse is here:
I recognised holy trinity Bordesley in the distance as the officers came out

So do I. Good to see something so obviously locally based.

(However....I must have had a very sheltered and fortunate professional life but I have to say that I have never, ever had to work in such a toxic atmosphere where almost everyone seems to be doing their best to be unpleasant and unsympathetic and unappreciative to each other. That includes the services and factories. Is police work REALLY quite so toxic?)

Chris

Anyone watching this detective series ? Available on ITV Player. Filmed in Birmingham. Viv.
I am watching and have watched 2 episodes so far...have to say I am enjoying and I like the characters, its good to see Birmingham used as a location setting on TV for a change. I remember when they were filming, the asked if we had spare /equipped offices at the Lewis building that they could utilize for some of the scenes. Sadly we did not.

So do I. Good to see something so obviously locally based.

(However....I must have had a very sheltered and fortunate professional life but I have to say that I have never, ever had to work in such a toxic atmosphere where almost everyone seems to be doing their best to be unpleasant and unsympathetic and unappreciative to each other. That includes the services and factories. Is police work REALLY quite so toxic?)

Chris
Believe me Chris I have worked over the years with some very Toxic people and it is not at all pleasant.

Back