• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Curried pasties

postie

The buck stops here
Staff member
Any body remember those bright orange curried pasties they used to sell in chip shops during the 70/ 80s. O0
They were blooming lovely. :smitten:

Certainly do, and yes they were nice, although I'm not sure what they contained LOLOL but yes I often ate them

CURRIED PASTIES AFFORD MARVELLOUS OPPORTUNITY FOR VARIETY.
I REMEMBER ONE MADE WITH SWEDES, TURNIPS, POTATO, ONION, PEAS, RAISINS AND CURRANTS, RED BEANS. IT WAS AN AMBER YELLOW COLOUR.
AGAIN ONE CAN MAKE ONE'S OWN TO TASTE AND PACK 'EM ABOUT AS THEY TRAVEL WELL.
SO MANY CURRIES TO SELECT NOBODY COULD BE BORED - EVEN HEAVY IMBIBERS OF TOBACCO.

Any body remember those bright orange curried pasties they used to sell in chip shops during the 70/ 80s. O0
They were blooming lovely. :smitten:
I have been searching for 20 years of where I could buy them from they were delicious , they must be made somewhere , fish and chip shops always sold them

are they the island delight brand...we get ours from asda and they are certainly bright orange..all sorts of flavours now...the company is based in hockley...

You wouldn’t know where in Hockley would you or the name , they are the same ones you can get from Asda ?
as said in my previous post they are called island delight and they have been supplying asda for years.. i think the factory is 50 icknield st hockley but cant say if they are open to the public

I used to love Curry Pattie from the chippy, not seen them for a while now, unless it’s just a Birmingham thing, I am Brummie expat. left Brum in 2001

You wouldn’t know where in Hockley would you or the name , they are the same ones you can get from Asda ?

Cleone foods in Icknield Street - the cul-de-sac part. Although I haven't been there for years.

I used to have to collect pallets of them in an artic. Turning around at the end was fun - NOT!

Back