• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Crown Inn, Lower Tower Street. Birmingham.

S

shirlann

My Grandad used to run the Crown Inn, Lower Tower Street from 1912 -1915.

I would love to be able to get a photograph or picture of the pub if at all
possible.

Does any one know which is the best place to look for a picture of the Inn.

I have tried various postcard sellers to no avail.

Thank you for reading.

Shirlann.

hi shirlann..type in lower tower st in the seach box at the top right of the page i have posted some pics of the street there..they are few and far between im afraid but here is the best shot of the crown i have...click on pic to enlarge..and welcome to the forum...

hope this is of help to you...

lyn

Attachments

• CROWN INN LOWER TOWER ST 1964 B44-N33.jpg
    CROWN INN LOWER TOWER ST 1964 B44-N33.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 32
hi shirlann..type in lower tower st in the seach box at the top right of the page i have posted some pics of the street there..they are few and far between im afraid but here is the best shot of the crown i have...click on pic to enlarge..and welcome to the forum...

hope this is of help to you...

lyn
Hi Shirlann, my great great grandfather also ran the pub around 1895. Edwin Floyd. I don’t have any photos do thanks fir asking for someone to post one.

Hi Shirlann, my great great grandfather also ran the pub around 1895. Edwin Floyd. I don’t have any photos do thanks fir asking for someone to post one.
I also have relatives who are listed as being there in the 1870s, so thanks for bringing it up on this forum!

Here's another photograph of The Crown Inn from 1964. The window cleaners push cart was outside, as well as an Austin A40 Mk1 and a Ford Anglia 105E . The pub was nearer to the New Town Row end of the street on the north side. There was another pub on Lower Tower Street, The Malt Shovel, which was on the corner on Ward Street.

Attachments

• Lower Tower Street - Crown Inn - 1964.jpg
    Lower Tower Street - Crown Inn - 1964.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Here's another photograph of The Crown Inn from 1964. The window cleaners push cart was outside, as well as an Austin A40 Mk1 and a Ford Anglia 105E . The pub was nearer to the New Town Row end of the street on the north side. There was another pub on Lower Tower Street, The Malt Shovel, which was on the corner on Ward Street.
thanks outercirclebus...i thin this photo is also on the lower tower st thread as is a distance photo of the malt shovel...only going by my memory so worth checking out..everytime i see a window cleaners cart parked outside a pub i often wonder if our dad was inside the pub as according to our mom he really insisted on doing a good job of the inside windows:D

lyn

Back