• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Crossroads programme

nijinski

master brummie
I thought this might be worth a mention. Did you know it's the 10th anniversary of the very last episode of crossroads this year and next year is the 50th anniversary of the first episode. The crossroad appreciation society are setting up events to. Remember it by. We never missed an episode in house. Even with shakey sets it was watching. Especially amy turtle.

Yes remember Amy T. Compulsive in our house too. Remember Mr Lovejoy ? Always remember the episode he was meditating in at the end - and it looked like something really weird to me at the time (I'd never heard of meditation).

My late mother in law went to the blessing of Meg Richardsons(Noelle Gordon)marriage to Hugh.
I can't remember whether it was St Martins or St Phillips, but i always got the impression my M-i-law thought it was real,LOL

Always watched in our house when I came in from work. My neighbor in Dunedin Road used to look after Noel Gordon making her tea etc and she got on very well with her but she could be a bit terse with others. Bumped into Amy T in Stourport some years ago when one of our twins kicked a ball and she caught it. She owned a boat there.

Hello, I agree Noelle Gordon could be a bit terse. We were on Lunch Box a couple of times teaching her to dance. I think it was the Lombado or some such.
It was quite an education seeing the sets etc. if you bumpted into a wall I think it would have fallen down. Great camaradery amongst the cast and they seemed to enjoy the show. Forgotten the fella's name { or was it David ? } he was rather lovely. Would have loved to have taught him to dance. ?????
Betty

Betty I know who you mean and he was a bit of alright!. Can't remember his name though?. Jean.

Hi steve, I can't place mr love.joy at the moment but I remember the name. Of course meditation was for the hippies back then. The episode that stands out in my mind is the one when amy turtle was accused of stealing and was sacked.

Hi betty' I think you mean david hunter. Do you remember when his wife wife shot him. We were glued to the set.

Hello Nijinski. {Do you dance?}
I must be honest? I didn't until you mentioned it but yes it is coming back to me now. They were a very happy crowd and the band were hilarius.Noelle Gordon voice always seemed very loud and strong but then she was a principal boy for years so had learned to use her voice.
I didn't realise it was so long ago ! Who was Mr. Lovejoy ???????
Betty.

Went to a wedding at the motel - well it must have been used for some of the sets, not the interior shots. The hotel was on a river, low level place. But I've no idea where it was, I think south Birmingham. Have photos somewhere, must dig them out. Viv.

Jane Rossington (Jill) had her hair done a few times at the shop I worked at. She lived in Sutton and I think married a local Solicitor. I think Miss Diane was married to Carl Wayne...this is stretching my brain cells...ha ha

Is this sad ? ... but you've got me going now... Mr Lovejoy was the chef (looked about 60-65) he was there either just after or same time as Carlos. What about Shughie McFee the other chef.

Jane Rossington (Jill) had her hair done a few times at the shop I worked at. She lived in Sutton and I think married a local Solicitor. I think Miss Diane was married to Carl Wayne...this is stretching my brain cells...ha ha
Susan Hanson/Miss Diane did marry carl wayne. She married him as you say in 1974 until his death in 2004. They had one son called jack.

No steve, rodger tonge was only disabled for the series. People used to be surprised by seeing him walk about.although he did suffer from hodgekins disease in real life. He eventually died from the
effects of it at the age of 35. His girlfriend at the
time was sonia fox who played sheila harvey.

Did anyone spot Susan Hanson in Corrie a few weeks ago?. Who was the gardener?. Spotted him in Stourport one day shopping.

I remember it well, being the only sort of Brummie theme type soap, I wonder if "Benny", is still lost, some of the cast are long past on now, it was the same with my dear old 'mom', she would never miss one of "Lunch Box" program's.
paul

Crossroads was watched all the time in our house although I was too young to remember the earlier episodes. The shooting of David Hunter I remember very well. Who could forget Benny as well. Shughie McFee and Doris Luke (Kathy Staff) always stick in my mind too.

Simon

Back