• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Crossroads programme

There's a nice reference to Crossroads in the episode of Endeavour (ITVX) Passenger, set in 1968. The writer, Russell Lewis, is very fond of throwing in references to popular culture.

A small part of the action takes place at the Crossroads Motel in KIngs Oak. The receptionist looked quite similar, I thought, to Jane Rossington, and she referred to 'Mrs. T.' (Amy Turtle)

Benny (Paul Henry) was filmed at Villa Park in 1980 by ATV Today and even took some penalties against Ron Saunders, with a view to playing in a game against Birmingham the following day. Benny was clearly no penalty taker:grinning:. (the picture below shows John Towers trying to agree a transfer fee with Villa's manager). The clip is available on YouTube titled, "Benny gets his trial with Ron Saunders".

1689762711758.png

Benny (Paul Henry) was filmed at Villa Park in 1980 by ATV Today and even took some penalties against Ron Saunders, with a view to playing in a game against Birmingham the following day. Benny was clearly no penalty taker:grinning:. (the picture below shows John Towers trying to agree a transfer fee with Villa's manager). The clip is available on YouTube titled, "Benny gets his trial with Ron Saunders".

View attachment 182045
Paul was friend back in those days, and I used to go with him to open Fete's and Galas. Lost touch some time ago.

There's a nice reference to Crossroads in the episode of Endeavour (ITVX) Passenger, set in 1968. The writer, Russell Lewis, is very fond of throwing in references to popular culture.

A small part of the action takes place at the Crossroads Motel in KIngs Oak. The receptionist looked quite similar, I thought, to Jane Rossington, and she referred to 'Mrs. T.' (Amy Turtle)
Loved Endeavour . Crossroads just the name and people know and can remember the characters i think with fondness.

I thought this might be worth a mention. Did you know it's the 10th anniversary of the very last episode of crossroads this year and next year is the 50th anniversary of the first episode. The crossroad appreciation society are setting up events to. Remember it by. We never missed an episode in house. Even with shakey sets it was watching. Especially amy turtle.
My mom worked in the jewellery counter in Woolworths ..the crossroads crew came in to by a cheap wedding ring for one of the cast

Back