• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Cromwell Lane, Bartley Green

Hi
it seems we are distantly related as my great great grandad was William Edward Guest. I wonder if you have any information on the family? Ive have pictures of William who was a coal merchant living in Cromwell Road and who had a shop in Lockwood Road Northfield, and I also have pictures of Hannah's younger brother Edward aswell as her mother Isabella.

Hi
it seems we are distantly related as my great great grandad was William Edward Guest. I wonder if you have any information on the family? Ive have pictures of William who was a coal merchant living in Cromwell Road and who had a shop in Lockwood Road Northfield, and I also have pictures of Hannah's younger brother Edward aswell as her mother Isabella.

I'm following his topic with interest as recently we helped another with the 'burial plot' of Wm Guest. Would appreciate seeing a photo of Isabella.

Hi,
My great great great grandmother was the same Isabella Guest. I'd love to see a picture of her if you've got one. Her daughter Hannah Guest was great great grandmother. I have a few pictures of her.
Regards
Dan

Im having difficulty putting on a picture of Isabella, if you would like to send me an email address ill send you over the picture
thanks
Mark

Im having difficulty putting on a picture of Isabella, if you would like to send me an email address ill send you over the picture
thanks
Mark

I'm amazed at the number of people who have Isabella as their Gt*grandmother. Is it possible Mark that you could also send me a copy for the History Group archives? [email protected]

Many thanks. (Would acknowledge you as the originator if you supply your surname).

Count me in as one of those people descended from Isabella. I'd love to see what information and pictures you have of Isabella and any of her 11 children that survived to adulthood. I've collected a decent amount of info over the years (including from Local History & SO73) but am always after more.

hi Iain
would be great to see some of your info regarding our family, if you send me your email address i will forward you a picture of Isabella and some of the information and family pictures I have. My line goes through Isabella's son Edward and then through William Edward, how about yourself?

Hi Mark

I'll PM you my email address. I'm descended through Isabella's son Thomas from her marriage to Isaac Price. She was my 3x great grandmother.

I can remember "Cromwell Lane", I can even see the street sign in the old Birmingham pattern, with scrolled ends but I cannot remember exactly where it was, any clues??????????

I can remember "Cromwell Lane", I can even see the street sign in the old Birmingham pattern, with scrolled ends but I cannot remember exactly where it was, any clues??????????
Hi Paul, Long time no speak, how are you?
Cromwell Lane was above Adams Hill, past the old Tower Stores towards the reservoir. Just before thereservior, turn left into Cromwell Lane. it led towards Weoly Casle.
Cromell Lane.JPG

The long hot Sunday walks to Senneley's Park, Thank you very much Phil, I of course remembered it, immediately I read your reply, I am well thank you, and I hope you and yours are too. Regards Paul Stacey.

Back