• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Crompton Road to Clifton Road

jane k

master brummie
In the 1920s my grandmother was living at 36 Clifton Road, Aston and her father was lodging at Crompton Road, Aston. Her son, my Dad, always believed that his mother had had no contact with her father after he "left" the family 20 years before, but she actually registered his death in 1922.
Please can anyone tell me how close these 2 roads are? How likely is it that he could have lived at Crompton Road without the family knowing about it?

This is from early 1900s, details not great but it gets both roads in. Pink dot marks approximate spot of 36 Clifton Road and pink line Crompton Road. Distance is about a mile as the crow flies.

Crompton Road.jpg

Back