• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Cream Malt Ltd Olbury

I would think someone at the Oldbury, Langley & Warley Local History Society has some information on the company. They have a Facebook public page - but a search of Cremalt produces no results. Perhaps Lena, you could post an enquiry there?

Anyway, I couldn't resist getting my ukulele out and playing Tipperary! - and I also found my copy of Verna Hale Gibbons' 1998 biography of the man, entitled "Jack Judge the Tipperary Man" - must be copies in all Sandwell Libraries (they published it). It's a good read - there's a bit about the Cremalt songs on p216, and there's a couple of the songs on YouTube -
and
- Jack's brother Ted, sings one of them - perhaps as Jack's voice was starting to give out in 1929 due to cancer - but he lasted until the 25th July 1938. My grandpa's claim to fame is that he once appeared on the same bill as Jack at a Black Country music hall in the early 1920s.

I am trying to find out more about Cremalt as my husbands family were involved......Reginald and George James ......

H
I am trying to find out more about Cremalt as my husbands family were involved......Reginald and George James ......
Hi Lena,
My mother tells be that my grandfather, Ernest Ellis, was one of the directors of this company. Do you have any further information about it?
Maryjane

Back