• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

cowper st, bham.

Keith Mallett

Brummie babby
does anyone know where cowper street was ? can't find it on any A-Z maps i have. i think it might be somewhere close to lozells.
many thanks.
STEVE.
Cowper Street was between Newtown Row and Alma Street. There was a school called Cowper Street. My grandfather owned a shop on the corner of Newtown Row and Cowper Street called From Factory to Wearer [cutting out the middle man].

michael ullah

Brummie babby
i moved to 4 back of 38 cowper street when I was 4in 1953 and went to cowper st school then on to summer lane sec mod left cowper street when they redeveloped in early 60,s still think about those days and allway look at old pics from those days :)

michael ullah

Brummie babby
yes i remember some of the shops my mother very often took us down to new town for shopinf the one thing I do rmember well was the house that jack built and woolworths :)

Wendywoo

Hope its OK with Alf, but attached is the map you want. I can't be certain exactly which is no 8, but i think it is in red. Certainly, from the directories it must be that one or next door
Mike

My Mum was born at no 20 Ormond Street in 1931

michael ullah

Brummie babby
does anyone know where cowper street was ? can't find it on any A-Z maps i have. i think it might be somewhere close to lozells.
many thanks.
STEVE.
hi you will find cowper st halfway down summer lane crossing from left to right across summer lane bham 19hope that helps youi lived in cowper st and went to school their as well