• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Covid vaccination process

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lady wife and I had our second jabs last night, 1705 hrs, Westward Ho! Baptisit Church. They were doing 1st and 2nd jabs, so running a little behind times with everyone turning up early. But after a wait (twas zunny and warm), got done and then down to the sea front for a 'ockings ice cream with cream - proper job. My wife had a headache (no comments), but although this time I felt the needle, so far so good. But has anyone else noticed the two jabs are a different colour. (Astrozenica)

Bob

Took my mom for her second shot earlier at a local centre. Seemed a little disorganised this time, a lot of people waiting. She was given a number, 480 and they were only on 430ish but after a few minutes someone came over and told her to come through.

Not sure if it was because she was in a wheelchair or was having her second shot but no complaints from me.

I notice the NHS App has records of vaccinations but maybe only those done through GP facilities.
Screenshot of mine.

VScreenshot (273).png

Last edited:
My Wife has been out of hospital now for over 2 weeks. She phoned our local surgery to explain why she missed her 2nd jab & she had a phone this am to say a Doctor would be coming out on Saturday to give her the 2nd jab. A Doctor indeed, i would have thought they would have passed the job onto a nurse !!

Daughter aged 49 with health problems had her second jab yesterday and son aged 41 has been asked to phone for his first one so these brilliant health workers and scientists are really getting through the population. Feel so sorry for countries such as India and Brazil who are suffering very badly and keep thinking how I would feel if I lived there.

Had the second jab of the Astra Zeneca vaccine this morning at the mass vaccination centre at Epsom Racecourse. Much busier than when I had my first jab in early February. Longer queues but they moved quite quickly. Good to see younger people being vaccinated. This centre will close from 16th May as they will be holding the Oaks and Derby on 4/5th June, presumably with a limited number of spectators. Vaccinations will open-up at Sandown Racecourse, Esher, which isn't all that far away from Epsom.

hi folks we now feel that most if not all of our members should have had their second jabs by now so we are closing this thread but will not be deleted as we think it has historical content...thank you all for your contributions and please stay safe

from the team

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back