• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Covid vaccination process

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a letter as I was over 70(78) to phone NHS they said I could make an appointment at millenium point but I said I would think about it, I have heard so many negative things about it.
A bit disheartened ,all the people I know who have had the jab were not on the vulnerable list so my sister 75 had hers last week in Erdington, my brother in law 2 weeks ago in Olton and 2 friends in Shard End , the wife 70, 2 days ago and her husband 68 is having his today.
I will give it another week and then brave Millenium point.

It seems that the only places you can book when you get one of those letters is the mass vaccination centres. I agree, Alberta, that the ages vaccinated seem to vary so much from area to area.
My dad's "baby brother" - 7 years younger - had both his jabs before my Dad (93) had his first.

Not quite sure how the system works! My wife had one of those letters on Tuesday but as I hadn't had one she said she'd wait a few days until I received mine. However the same afternoon I had a phone call from my surgery giving me an appointment for the Friday so I asked if Joyce could have hers at the same time and that was arranged. Full marks to Yew Tree Surgery!

i know a 60 year old (non NHS) working lady no health issues who had a letter to go for her jab 2 weeks ago

No that one's yours
CORRECT

Here's clues for remaining four to finish off
21. Made of bricks + E
25. Beautiful woman & vagrant
36. Fin in water
38. Not good Father Christmas
I had a letter as I was over 70(78) to phone NHS they said I could make an appointment at millenium point but I said I would think about it, I have heard so many negative things about it.
A bit disheartened ,all the people I know who have had the jab were not on the vulnerable list so my sister 75 had hers last week in Erdington, my brother in law 2 weeks ago in Olton and 2 friends in Shard End , the wife 70, 2 days ago and her husband 68 is having his today.
I will give it another week and then brave Millenium point.

I don't think you have to go to one of those large centres - I read somewhere there was some confusion about the NHS letter and that you can just wait until your surgery contacts you.

It seems that the only places you can book when you get one of those letters is the mass vaccination centres. I agree, Alberta, that the ages vaccinated seem to vary so much from area to area.
My dad's "baby brother" - 7 years younger - had both his jabs before my Dad (93) had his first.
My Sister who lives in Solihull got the same letter but her nearest point was Balsall Heath which she couldn’t get to. She’s been told that if she ignores the letter her local surgery will be doing the jab shortly.

Graham had a phone call last Tuesday to go to our surgery first thing Wednesday morning. He asked if I was going too as he's younger than me and I was over the page being a 'P' to his 'G'. We're in Tier 4 and had decided to go wherever they sent us although we were hoping not to have to make the journey to Millennium Point.

How far away from Millennium Point are you? We had someone down here 100 miles away get the invite to Mil Point

I have a friend in Monmouth who has been told she will have to go to Cwmbran about 29 miles.

1. What is wrong with 'Millenium point'?. It has plenty of free parking.
What are the 'bad' things that have been said about it.

2. My wife and I (Sutton Coldfield) had a phone call from our doctor on Tuesday to go to a surgery in Erdington on Friday.
We both had the injection on Friday and within two hours we were both very ill with the following symptom:

Temperature of 38.5
Shaking
Hot neck
Swollen veins in left hands
Nausea
Aching hips, shoulders and knees
Severe leg muscle pain
Sleeplesness

Saturday morning we both felt groggy but somewhat better. Went to bed early last night and awoke this morning feeling fine.

A friend of mine who lives in Shard End had a phone call this morning asking him to attend a surgery in West Bromwich at 08:30 Monday morning (tomorrow).

My brother and his wife who live in Bilston were sent a letter, My brother was sent to Wolverhampton, his wife was given the choice of Manchester or Chesterfield.

There seems to be a lack of joined up thinking between the NHS, doctors surgeries and the administrators of the vaccination programme.

Best of luck everyone.

Graham had a phone call last Tuesday to go to our surgery first thing Wednesday morning. He asked if I was going too as he's younger than me and I was over the page being a 'P' to his 'G'. We're in Tier 4 and had decided to go wherever they sent us although we were hoping not to have to make the journey to Millennium Point.
I was over the page being a 'P' to his 'G'. ?

My wife & i had our first jabs yesterday at our local surgery. She`s had no side effects but it has knocked me for six. Woke up at 2am with a blinding headache & feeling nauseous, so my breakfast was paracetamol & gaviscon. Looking forward to the next jab. !!

I had a letter from the NHS offering me the jab at Millennium Point, but I did not want to go there living in Chelmsley Wood, contacted my doctor and he booked me in at Bosworth Med Centre a 15 minute walk away, had the inoculation yesterday, in and out in 7 minutes, next one same place April 17. Eric

I had a letter from the NHS offering me the jab at Millennium Point, but I did not want to go there living in Chelmsley Wood, contacted my doctor and he booked me in at Bosworth Med Centre a 15 minute walk away, had the inoculation yesterday, in and out in 7 minutes, next one same place April 17. Eric

great eric...most of us know that you will be 91 this year..so pleased that your fitness held you in good stead for the 15 mins walk

lyn

Really good to hear you have had your vaccination Eric, It is a shame that the centre didn't contact you before this.
Appears that our area is not quite as well organised as some in their appointments, my neighbour who is 83 had his jab at Bosworth centre 3 weeks ago, I am supposed to go there when i have mine but it seems that they haven't got to the 70 and over yet although most of my 70+ friends and even some in their 60s have now had their appointments at other surgeries.

Alberta, my son in law who lives in West Heath Birmingham is only 67 and he had his jab last week !!! My 2nd one is at same clinic 1045 17 April Eric

Got the NHS letter today, there is a centre 9 miles away and we have an appointment for tomorrow evening. An hour later the phone rang and it was our doctor inviting us to the surgery sometime in the unspecified future.

Bob
Hi Bob, had a phone call from medical centre last Tuesday afternoon inviting us, my wife and I are both 80, to the Barnstaple leisure centre for our jabs on Friday at 14.11 &14.12, so precise. About a six mile trip for us. Arrived, plenty of free parking, told to stay in car until two mins before appointment then walked to entrance, what it seems are usual checks and were jabbed at 14.36 14.37. 15 min sit down. Very efficient process. Noticed that there were wheelchairs available if required I think booked via medical centre. A well run set-up!

It's been 5 weeks since I had a Pfeizer jab on 22 Dec so by now the Mrna nano particles in the vaccine should have partially trained my antibodies to have a go at the virus but I don't think I'll go out and test it ... :grinning:

Last edited:
I was concerned that our medical centre was not at all organised especially after Eric at age 90 only got his jab on Saturday.
This morning I decided to use my letter from NHS to call Millenium Point, they gave me an appointment for tomorrow and the date of my second one.
I wasn't too keen to go to Birmingham but eager to get my jab.
As soon as I put the phone down it rang it was Bosworth Centre giving me an appointment for Saturday, which I have accepted and cancelled the first one, perhaps patience isn't one of my virtues.
Alberta.

Well that's it, all over & done with, appointment was for 5.05, got there 4.57, ushered straight in to the Baptist Church at Westward Ho!, details checked, 5.05 my wife and I both jabbed with the Oxford AstraZeneca potion, little chat about it, and if you could just wait in you car for fifteen minutes before you leave, drove away 5,25, all very civilised, friendly, efficient and really quintessentially English. Back on the 14th April.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back