• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Covid testing process (lateral flow tests)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve recently returned from travel from USA so shall also share some experience of testing with others. If you’re travelling you must be prepared beforehand and do check the latest requirements on the Gov.UK site

Covid Pass (essential)
As OM has done I downloaded a Covid Pass, but chose the one for travel. All a straightforward process using the App ( have your NHS number handy). You will definitely need your Covid Pass for clearing airline checkout (where you can show a hard copy) or for online check in where you scan the QR code (the square box with all the black & white pattern)

Testing (essential)
Get a lateral flow test 72 hours before travel out of UK. Keep a hard copy of the test certificate (or it can be scanned for online check in). At the time of my travel this was acceptable, but check the Gov Uk site for any changes.

As I was about to return to the UK, the arrangements for testing changed for a lateral flow tests to return here. These are no longer acceptable for the required test within 2 days of arriving back in the UK so you have to get a PCR test. You have to book this before returning to the UK. You can order online for the home test kit to be delivered to your home for when you arrive back in the UK.

Passenger Locator Form - essential
When you book your PCR test you’ll be given a booking code which you need for your Passenger Locator Form (from the Gov.Uk site - form to be completed no earlier than 48 hours before your return) You must have this to be allowed to return to the UK.

When I was doing this I found it very confusing. But believe me you will need each of these things and you’ll need proof of having done them. Don’t rely on digital copies either, also take hard copies. And take a change of masks for the flight.

Viv.

Last edited:
OM on your covid passport does it say that you have had all 3 jabs...i got my passport after the first 2 jabs and was wondering if i need to apply for another updated passport which also includes the booster jab as my existing passport only says ive been double jabbed...i asked for my passport to be posted to me

lyn

OM on your covid passport does it say that you have had all 3 jabs...i got my passport after the first 2 jabs and was wondering if i need to apply for another updated passport which also includes the booster jab as my existing passport only says ive been double jabbed...i asked for my passport to be posted to me

lyn
Hi Lyn,
In my phone I can see the dates and details of my 3 jabs but the pass I saw yesterday just says I have a valid pass see pic
Phil
20211210_091726101_iOS.jpg

thanks viv and OM just in case i ever need it i shall apply for an updated passport to be sent through the post

lyn

just applied for my updated passport...hopefully i will not need it but its nice to have just in case

lyn

I got a letter from the DHSS and Imperial College London asking me to "Take a test in January. to help the NHS over winter" There's a lot more about the interaction between the Flu and Covid that they're studying apparently.
I've signed up for it, just another 'up your nose swab job. ;)

i try'd to get a pass on line. but give it up as a bad job,what with taking pics of myself and driving licence etc.i apply'd to get one via snail mail.it was a lot easier. do you have to do that in England?

Paper covid passport ordered online (gov.uk site) and arrived In less than a week. All I needed was NHS number and surgery address.

I ordered a lateral flow test kit on Sunday 12th and it was delivered next day Monday 13th. I printed my own Covid Pass from the NHS app in my phone.

My wife and I have carried out lateral flow tests a few times this month. This is usually prior to meeting up with small groups of people for a Christmas lunch. Trying to avoid eating too much turkey but going for a fish dish, as the main, if available. At present, we have three full kits suitable for a total of 21 tests. Meeting-up with others will probably drop rapidly after January 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back