• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Coventry Road Small Heath

Viv

The first and second images are within yards of each other and are just before Small Heath Park and adjacent to the Wordsworth Road- Charles Road junction.

Had a look around, this is the best I can do at the moment. Found this 1909 photo of the corner on eBay. Maybe if we can identify the Davenports pub it might be possible to track down other images of that corner. Was it the Coach pub you mention ? So few of the old buildings remain todayViv.

View attachment 129811
Hi Viv
Thanks for the photo. Really interesting as at the time l used to go to my dads place by waters was where Tulley’s is now.The shop was on the other side of the road.
Colin you could try typing in a search as there’re many references and photos scattered throughout different threads. Viv.

Hi Viv
Really interesting photos I agree some of those buildings are still there but not my fathers shop.
I wanted the photo as I have commissioned an artist to incorporate it into a painting for me so thanks so much. Just for interest he also owned a fishing tackle shop and hairdressers in Regent's Park road but never been able to find anything on that road. I know the cov Rd quite well as a cousin of mine who lived a few doors from the Adelphi cinema used to walk me from the shop to her house most Fridays when I was off school.
Many thanks col

Hi Phil
It is the one thanks for the photo. I spent many a happy there when I was little.
It's not there now which is a shame.
Thanks colin

Back