• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Coventry Bus Garage Open Day

horsencart

master brummie
Greetings

There is to be an Open Day at the NXWM bus garage Coventry Sunday, 15th, Sept 2013 my advice is to get in quick I suspect that the number of the public doing the tour will be kept low by NXWM I do know that the 11 o'clock is now fully booked, you cannot just turn up on the day as it has to be booked in advance (just got of the phone after booking my place )
https://www.coventry.gov.uk/events/...pen_days-national_express_coventry-bus_garage

Sadly I can't make it over for this which is a pity as I have a couple of buses that were once allocated at what was then known as Wheatley Street Garage. There will be a joint open day at Acocks Green and Yardley Wood on 5th October and I will be over for that.

Simon

As yet there are very few details of the Acocks Green and Yardley Wood Garages I suspect that NXWM would rather it be a low key affair

Sadly I can't make it over for this which is a pity as I have a couple of buses that were once allocated at what was then known as Wheatley Street Garage. There will be a joint open day at Acocks Green and Yardley Wood on 5th October and I will be over for that.

Simon

As yet there are very few details of the Acocks Green and Yardley Wood Garages I suspect that NXWM would rather it be a low key affair

Details have been filtering through for the past week or so on a couple of dedicated bus forums.

I have posted a summary of what information is to hand at the moment in a new topic in the Events section.

The open day at Acocks Green and Yardley Wood is on Saturday 5th October between 12.00 an 15.00 with displays of preserved buses, photos and other items of interest at both sites. There will be a regular heritage bus service between sites, as of yet there is no mention of a heritage service to the city centre from either site. The organisers are appealing for photos and other items and encouraging owners of preserved buses to bring them along.

Simon

Back