• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Court John Sue Carpenter/Timmins

carolina

master brummie
I am looking for info on these 2 people who have put info about Timmins family on genealogy.com some while ago. They seem to have these same people in their Timmins tree living in Oldbury Anyone know of them - I presume they are still living

Re: John Court Sue Carpenter/Timmins

I found some of the Court family last night when I was trawling, looking for members of the Reading family. Have to go out right now but will get back to you on this. In the meantime, have a look at the 1881 census for 49 Tenby Street North, Birmingham. They may be yours.

Smallheath explorer - who was living at 49 Tenby Street North? Carol

Sorry, Carolina, re-reading your post I now see you are looking for people named Timmins, I thought you were looking for Court. Anyway, just in case it is of any use to you:

1881 Census Return shows at 49 Tenby Street North

George H Court, Head, aged 36, born Ninevah, Staffs, occupation looks like Die Sinker (it's a bit faint)
Sarah Court, aged 37, wife, born Birmingham
William H Court, aged 12, son, born Birmingham, scholar
Charles S Court, aged 10, son, born Birmingham, scholar
Ernest Court, aged 3, son, born Birmingham
Sarah A Reading, aged 14, born Middlesex, London, domestic servant
John Reading, aged 12, visitor, born Middlesex, London, scholar.

I can't tell at this stage whether these are even the right Readings for my tree. I hope at least there is something there for you!

Back