• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Court Farm Primary Tedbury Crescent School Erdington

Patsi

knowlegable brummie
Anyone any pictures or info. of Court Farm Primary School Erdington?

My three daughters attended this school in the middle/late 1960's and would like to relive any shared memories of this time

Hi patsi

I also attended Court Farm School in the sixties, living just off Regan Crescent in Stanwell Grove.

In my day the head mistress was Miss Codling, deputy head,Mr Sinclair (who later became head master at Lyndhurst School).

Other teacher were, Mr Hill, Mr Mortiboys, Miss Ryan, Miss Gilbert, Miss Sacks, Miss Michelle, Miss Powell, Mr Griffiths, Miss Babington, Miss Hayton, and a few others.

I recall there were just over 200 pupils at any one time, from Infants to juniors; there were some of the original ceader wood classrooms on one side, and part of the school still had air raid shelters.

Wow you must have such a good memory to remember all those teacher's names.

We lived then in Norfolk Road off Court Lane.

My only recall was that the school was a single storey building?

Is it still a school?

It was indeed called Tedbury Crescent School, but the change was well before my time there from 1960.

Thanks for the replies and the picture Zambodini.

Is that a fairly recent picure?

My daughters attended the school from 1968 to 1973.

Thanks for the replies and the picture Zambodini.

Is that a fairly recent picure?

My daughters attended the school from 1968 to 1973.

Feb this year Patsi. It was the only one I could find unfortunately. I also remember that there was an entrance to the school in Jerrys Lane, but I think it got blocked off. I used to go past it on my way up to Short Heath park.

the children used to put on a concertls for the local pensioners at Xmas and deliver harvest parcels, this was more recently, about 10 years ago, certainly up to 2006. Micks nan lived in Harcourt Road and she used to love going to the concerts there.
Sue

went to court farm school 1958 left in 1963,great school,we won football title in 62/63 season,great team.classmates at the time ,wardy,s freer,millard,gary gardner,p copley,hawkesford,pat burns(what a bowler).anyone know what happened to them.rob

Hi Everyone,

I went to Court Farm School but much earlier than everyone else it seems! I went when it was Tedbury Crescent and before they filled in the sides of the corridors so that when you went to the toilets in the winter you got absolutely soaked. I left in the summer of 1958. Still live close by and spent some years in the 1960's living in Stanwell Grove (see that's mentioned previously) where we moved from the pre-fab on Shortheath Park. It was a lovely school and was happy there. My last teacher was Mr Hill and the headteacher was Mr Wildgoose.

yes i remember mr hill and mr mortiboys.they used to run the football and cricket teams,nice men. i used to live shortheath rd.good old days.

Court Farm school did seem to have quite good football and cricket teams, both Mr Hill and Mr Mortiboys did put a lot of time into the school teams.

I also went to Court Farm,. I was there with Miss Codling & Mr Sinclair, Some of the names are known to me, also remember Miss Corbett, who later moved to Perry Common Comprehensive and married Mr Palmer. I lived in Chipstead Road.

Hi patsi

I also attended Court Farm School in the sixties, living just off Regan Crescent in Stanwell Grove.

In my day the head mistress was Miss Codling, deputy head,Mr Sinclair (who later became head master at Lyndhurst School).

Other teacher were, Mr Hill, Mr Mortiboys, Miss Ryan, Miss Gilbert, Miss Sacks, Miss Michelle, Miss Powell, Mr Griffiths, Miss Babington, Miss Hayton, and a few others.

I recall there were just over 200 pupils at any one time, from Infants to juniors; there were some of the original ceader wood classrooms on one side, and part of the school still had air raid shelters.

Court Farm was my first school! I was there from 1965-68 and lived in Court Lane. Nothing but memories to share I'm afraid - particularly recall the wooden classrooms at the left end of the playground, I remember being especially proud of my first clay sculpture made in one of those. Also the 'castle' in the play area, and playing mega-tag with half the school from one side of playground to the other.

Last edited:
Court Farm primary was my first school as well, as Miss Michel and was at the school for 2 years until 1968. I was thinking of my first class today as we were all affected by the horror of Aberfan. We sent toys to the survivors. I have very happy memories of the school but I am glad I am retired now. I am a governor at my grandchildren's school now and it seems impossible that we had time for a sit down and social chat at lunchtime. I am still in touch with Miss Powell,now with several grandchildren and one daughter a head teacher. Could go on at length but will look for photos.

Court Farm was my first school. I started in September 1962 and left in July 1968 when my family moved to Lichfield. I remember Mr Hill, Mr Mortiboys and Miss Percival. I was a long time member of the choir and skittleball team of which there are photographs out there somewhere. If anyone has copies of these, I would love to see them.

Hi patsi

You must have been there about the same time as me 1963 -1969, I remember some of those teachers names too. My name was Susan Deeley

Back