• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Cosgrove

waswigg

proper brummie kid
I used to live opposite the Cosgrove Family in Sheep Street, Gosta Green i can remember my sister Marie going over there to see Barbara.
Great music always being played. Then I was to young to appreciate it ,later in life I was wearing Ted gear and I loved it . Now I am 68 I don't wear it after a stroke.It's still in my wardrobe. Barbara had a brother called Bomber (never knew his proper name) We went up to see them when they moved to Stetchford, Marie lives in Wales and live in Somerset. dad died in 1989 and mom passed not long ago.
Still like to see how they all are

Hi Waswigg,

I wonder if it was 'your' Cosgroves who had the shop in Station Road Stechford
in the 1950s/60s.
Memory isn't what it was but I seem to remember they were a general store, and sold
newspapers.

Kind regards
Dave

Back