• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Cortney

paul stacey

master brummie
Can any one tell me wether the Courtny Familey from Weoley Castle are still around, especially Roselind and Michael who I knew well late 50's early 60's, we went to Our Lady of St Rose of Lima Junior School between 1957 /59, Mother Mary Martina was the head and Father O'Rielly was the priest:rolleyes:

hi there paul
have you got any info; whom was there parents
as i am married into the courtney family and i have for the last 34 years
and one of the family was found dead in weoly castle a couple of years ago now
and i do know they are a big family they are scattered around brum ,
best wishes astonian ;;

hello astonian
I know that their parents were Irish, and catholic, there was another child I believe called colleen, and maybe another,? I went to school with Roselind and we were sweet on each other as children but only as very good friends, Michael was younger than me Roselind about my age born around 47/48. There was talk just after I went in the army that Roselind may have married and gone to Australia but nothing definate.
regards paul stacey

hi paul
many thanks for getting back to me on the courtneys
i will check with the dutchess and check with the rest of the familythere was acouple of michaels with in e family and yes they are all irish and devoured catholics
i will get back to you soon as posible
best wishesw astonian ;;;

Back