• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

CORONET CAMERAS Ltd

G

Gerry-Coronet

Hi,
I am trying to find the first record of the above company who were based at 48 Great Hampton street, possibly from 1926 until 1931?

Gerry

Hi Gerry

Coronet Cameras were at 48 Gt Hampton Street in 1932. In 1933, they were at 310 Summer Lane.

Hi, I would most pleased to hear how you know these dates to be accurate. Please contact me and tell me more.
best wishes
Gerry
:)

Gerry, the info was from Kelly's directories which are online. Haven't found one for 1926 though.

Gerry, the info was from Kelly's directories which are online. Haven't found one for 1926 though.
Yes, i too have looked on line, but not accessed the full record. I am also trying to determine when the Co was at Gt Hampton St. Kelly's is only a rough guide as it was complied the year before it was published! Hope you can help more. I am not in Brun any more so i canot acess thingslocally.
Gerry

Hi gerry, try this one.
Terry,
That map is brilliant.
Any chance you could email it to me at the biggest size you have.
Is it an OS map?
What date is it please and what does the yellow section mean?

Is the Victoria Works (optical lenses) the British Lens and Opitcal factory?
They are so cloase to each other!
BLCo was at 316 summer lane and Coronet at 308-310, apparently just nextstore!

Also I see their is a steel nib factory close by who would that have belonged to, any ideas?

I am very greatful for your perserverance, this is most exiciting for me
Cheers
Gerry
P.S. Yes Lyn it is eciting and excllent.

My Mom worked at the Coronet for 15 years upto the time it closed down ,she worked in the assembly shop if you would like more details please contact me ,she has many happy memories of the time she spent there and the staff .

hi guyss ;
does anybody ever recall the little sixpence camera that you could buy from woolworths on the flat at hockley [ lodge rd ]
it was in a tiny box our mom bought us all us kids to keep the peice and stopped us qbbling over it whom which one was haveing it ;
it took some great little pictures we all got snap fever to see whom could take the best picture we took them around the corner on monument rd
at the chemist it cost 2/6d to get them delveloped
best wishes astonian;;

hi guyss ;
does anybody ever recall the little sixpence camera that you could buy from woolworths on the flat at hockley [ lodge rd ]
it was in a tiny box our mom bought us all us kids to keep the peice and stopped us qbbling over it whom which one was haveing it ;
it took some great little pictures we all got snap fever to see whom could take the best picture we took them around the corner on monument rd
at the chemist it cost 2/6d to get them delveloped
best wishes astonian;;
Only 5 years late in getting an answer to you, but I believe you are talking about a camera called the VP Twin made by Edwin Elliot in Birmingham (his factory was next to Coronets and there are links between the company) The camera came in 3 parts to keep it to Woolworths motto of everything 6d or under

Back