• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Coronation Celebration Erdington

Lynda Harvey

Brummie Born and Bred
I came across this photo the other day of the coronation party of my friends and neighbours of Abbey Road and St Thomas Road Erdington. The picture was taken outside of our back garden in Abbey Road on the right. I cannot remember all the names now will try and list some of the families who were there:-
The Andersons, the Shepherds, the Woolastons, the Whites, the Winkworths, the Haywoods, the birds, the Davis's the Parkes tje Newhalls, the Phones, the Lorenzens, the Rileys, the Harris, the Pughs and many more. It really is good to see the old faces from 55 years ago.
Lynda

unable to replace personal photo

Last edited by a moderator:
Lynda what a great photo it just about sums up what we have lost over the years. Togetherness, Happiness Sharing Caring & Love.

Great photo. Yes, everyone does look happy. Must have taken some
organizing to get everyone in place. Thanks for posting.

Lovely photo, I received this Coronation photo from my cousin this morning, not sure if it was taken in Beale Street or Bright Street in Aston. Again everyone looks so happy

lovely photos of erdington coronation nobody bothers anymore they do all look really happy.

Great Photo........I was three y o. Lived in South Rd ..Erdington.
Mum had photos.. I remember the flags and bunting and i was wearing one of those coats with the felt collars..
HAPPY TIMES.........
Were there Street Parties for William and Kates wedding??????

Lovely photo Lynda. What they standing on at the back. Bet it wasn't safe
42.gif

Thanks Lynda and Denise for sharing those with us. I have on and will ave to sort it out. Things just ain't what they used to be are they?. Jean.

I would love to know where this was taken. It just had Coronation on the back. Jean. PS Just had a closer look and I think it reads on the window "Dining room upstairs". It could well be Mr Minty's cafe in Franchise street?.

Lynda just had a look at your photo from 2009, you say there were the Pughs in the group, my grandparents were called Pugh I wonder if they were related to my family Denise

Back