• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Coppermine Link For Uploading Images

mikejee

Super Moderator
Staff member
The link-box on the top of the pages giving us a link to coppermine to post images seems to have disappeared. How do you access coppermine now?

It does not seem to work with me, Don't know if its that there is something wrong with the shortened form that comes up on the forum Don't know if its me, but it says that "windows could not detect this networks proxy settings" ?
PS. Have just found that I cannot se some recent photos on the Sutton park and other threads. I assume these are on coppermine

Thanks Bernard. That works fine. It seems a bit of a coincidence that it has occurred at exactly the same time as the aol site (which I use for my e-mails) is down.

G'day, basic question, (maybe too silly for words) in Transport airfields, Bernard67 wants to show a photo of The Dreamliner, well, where is it and what do I click to view? still learning..

A while ago , after a hacking incident many of the photos on the forum were lost. This seems to be the case with this photo. We are replacing as many of them as possible, but Bernard is no longer a member of the forum so we cannot replace that particular one

Smithy

As Mike says it is impossible to know quite what photo Bernard inserted on this thread so I have placed a link to a Youtube clip in it's place. I hope this is acceptable.

A while ago , after a hacking incident many of the photos on the forum were lost. This seems to be the case with this photo. We are replacing as many of them as possible, but Bernard is no longer a member of the forum so we cannot replace that particular one

Hi Mike
Is the coppermine gallery no longer available to members, was this the cause of the hacking.

I've spent weeks cleaning up my large collection of colour pictures of Aston about the 1960's, I've postcoded them B6, B18, B19 and titled them when finished it will amount to about 350.
Members enjoyed them when they were put on the forum some years ago, I have seen some of these photo's n You Tube, a Brewery website and others.
Is the Forum going to making any provision for a gallery I could display these photo's for the members to view.
Regards Ray

hello ray...i know for sure that we would all love to see those photos...it must have taken you an age to clean them up title them...just an idea but you could always start a new thread with your own thread title under the streets section of the forum and post them there..:)

lyn

Coppermine is working I used it yesterday, but it probably is not the best place to show photos as a gallery.

thats what i was thinking phil...it is entirely up to ray but my feeling is the best place for him to post his photos is on the main forum..

lyn

hello ray...i know for sure that we would all love to see those photos...it must have taken you an age to clean them up title them...just an idea but you could always start a new thread with your own thread title under the streets section of the forum and post them there..:)

lyn
Hi Lyn
Hope you are keeping well.
If I started a new Thread B6 Aston starting at Aston Road North and follow through to Salford Bridge. then B18 & B19.

Do you have any idea what the max size is per application to the thread, at present the pictures are being converted to jpeg format and e=mail size each photo comes out just under or over 200KB.

Nice to hear from you again, later if I can be of any help to the forum I will do my best I'm not very mobile these days spent a lot of time on my computers.

My research in to the Lichfield Rd Area is proving to be very interesting, I've able to find out the deaths & injuries on different dates Barra,

Regards Ray

hi ray good to see you back on the forum...i am fine thanks and hope you and yours are too...so pleased that you are doing well on your lichfield road research...the BARRA site is very good and i have used it a lot

there will be a max size to postings photos which i dont think is much over 200KB as i have to downsize some of my pics that wont upload...i have sorted out one as a tester which is 195 KB and post it here so i would hope your 200KB pics will be ok..you could always test one out on this thread if you want to...

really looking forward to your new thread ray but if you have any problems just let us know on here...i am not the most technical person in the world so if i cant help there are plenty of members on here who will be able to assist you..

lyn

Hockley Benyon Arms Hockley Hill - Farm St.JPG

Back