• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Coppermine image hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
right good news bad news sandwich.
It's now working
its lost everything
all existing images still work.

sorry guys it was beyond repair I managed to keep the images (the important part) but the database was so bad I couldn't repair it.
Thanks Warren, just checked and the images are linking ok. I'm receiving email alerts ok.

Last edited:
A couple of years ago when I suddenly didn’t receive emails alerts I re entered my email address and it seemed to jog the system back into action. Also if you have more than one email address try a different one.

No emails and nothing in junk mail - not that I am bothered too much but they suddenly stopped a while back as Lyn said.

also these two posts from eric on another thread warren..i know he said hes not that fussed but thought it worth mentioning his problem

I clicked on Image Hosting (copper mine) and attempted to Login, it did not recognise either my user name or my password or both, so I clicked on 'forgot password', I was told to enter my email which I did and it did not recognise that either. Any suggestions ? Eric

Thanks Lyn, but not to bothered as I rarely go on now, certainly do not add more paintings, prefer to put them on 'Original Artwork' thread. Just had a PM from M Jee saying problem irrepairable but should be able to view items, but as I cannot log in I don't see how I can do that, but I repeat not bothered at all. Eric

there are no users now on there sadly, also emails should be working now I had to change the email address as we were being blocked.

im working on a possible fix now, I found a backup from a week ago and i'm in the process of importing it (cant promise anything though)

thanks warren..the email alerts can come in handy for members who are not daily users

Coppermine also repaired and now working fine been so long since I needed a backup I forgot I did them

Thanks Warren I've logged in and it's working fine for me.
These days I mainly use it for pdf and doc uploads. The multi uploader was useful when recovering hundreds of lost Photobucket pics and with the galleries it is easy to search for images which are not so easy to search for on the Xf BHF.

What exactly IS coppermine?
Click this link https://images.birminghamhistory.co.uk/coppermine/login.php
and when Coppermine appears click the Register button (top left) and register .... if you want to ... :)
Use your BHF username but use a different password.
It is easier to upload pics direct to the BHF but Coppermine has it's uses.
My most recent use of Coppermine can be seen in a forum post here
https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/hoolhoop-cat.48984/#post-621384

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back