• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Cooper family from Birmingham

ellie

master brummie
Seeking other researchers with an interest in the Cooper line from around Birmingham from 1792 onwards. Also RICKETTS and STRINGER.

Ellie

cooper

hi I have coopers on my maternal side do you have any dates or info . mine is for beatrice maud cooper in the early 1900's she was my great grandmother

ta

Calling Cooper family from Birmingham

Thanks for your response. The direct Cooper line that I am researching had come to Australia by the 1900's, however there were brothers who did not travel out here. I am presently at work and do not have all details available. However fom memory they came down through a Samuel Richard Cooper( born 1815) and a Hannah Stringer who married in 1843.

They went on to have several children Richard Samuel, John George and Emma Amelia. I am not sure what happened to Richard and Emma and would love to find out.

John George married Selinna Ricketts in 1867. They and their 9 children came to Australia in 1888.

I do have some other details thay go back beyond the original Richard Cooper and Hannah. This first Samuel Richard was the son of a Richard( born 1792) and Ann?????? and he had siblings known as Ann, Emma and John.

Just a quick outline. I would love to hear from you.

Cheers

Ellie :)

Cooper

Hi Ellie:
I did a quick check on the British Home Children's Government of Canada's database and found an Emma Cooper, 13 years of age , came over to Canada in 1871. Don't know if this could be your Emma or not but I found in my research that every bit of information helps.
This site is for orphan children who were sent over to Canada to work on farms. 100,000 of these children came over to Canada from the UK.
If you require further information I will be only to happy to help you as there are many different sites that you can search.
Best regards
Isobel Burlton-Wells
Proud daughter of Pte. George Frederick Burlton, 1906, SSDominion (Dr. Barnardos' Orphan waif)
www.archives.ca (genealogy - home children)

emma cooper to Canada

dear Isoabel,

Thanks for your look up. I have since found info that my Emma stayed in england and l;ater married. Thanks for your interest.

Helen

Back