• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

CONVOYS

GEFF

Geff
I REMEMBER BROTHER VICTOR WILLIAM BENNETT, AGED 20 YEARS
1943, TORPEDOED NORTH ATLANTIC CONVOY, THINK OF HIM EVERYDAY, NO GRAVE TO VISIT.

Respect Convoy Boys

:( Geff, Total Respect for your Brother ,,,All of those Brave Convoy Lads,, John

You Have E-mail,,rsvp please,, John

I'm so sorry Geff, the ultimate sacrifice paid by one so young. I've said it so many times - we must never ever forget. I agree with John, total respect and thanks.

Like you Geff, I lost a brother in WW2, and like you Geff, we will never forget........
I wipe away a tear right now.......

Best Wishes my Friend.

Ray.

Remembering your brother Victor, so young.

We will never forget those to whom we owe so much.

God Bless him

Convoy Boys

One of the things that my Mom and Aunt talk about often is the loss of their 22 year old brother and having no grave to visit. The effects of war just remain.

Im not sure if it will help you Geff, but I wrote a piece about my 'uncle' on the Handsworth site, and it certainly helped my mom and my Aunt a little.

Maybe if you wrote a piece about Victor? Just a thought?

https://www.handsworthhistory.co.uk/handsworth_1c.htm

Geff RSVP

Geff M8,, Please Reply, Have E-mailed & PM to you :!:

I have Full Naval details of your dearly beloved brother :(

May I provide these for you (off Web) To enable you to visit if you can
Cheers & Best Regards John Y

ps Site ppl,,No Offence, sure you understand Confidentiality Protocol, J

Back