• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Connaught Regiment ww1.

G G Jean

Brummy Wench.
Has anyone any information on this regiment during WW1. Members lists photo's where they were sent to fight etc. Looking for info on a Gabriel Joseph Farrell born 1898 in Co Longford. Thanks. Jean.

Thanks Tom I should have put rangers. My husband found that one also but thank you for your help. Jean.

Has anyone any information on this regiment during WW1. Members lists photo's where they were sent to fight etc. Looking for info on a Gabriel Joseph Farrell born 1898 in Co Longford. Thanks. Jean.
Hi Jean - are you related to Gabriel? He was my great uncle. I know his son John lives in Birmingham

There is a very interesting Connaught Rangers museum and archive in Boyle, Co Roscommon, Ireland based in a building called the King House. This very large former barracks was their main base in Ireland and is now a museum with a large number of exhibits as well as the Connaught Rangers section. The regiment was disbanded following Irish independence in 1922 but was not forgotten about as a lot of local people served in it. If ever in that part of Ireland the town of Boyle and the King House is well worth a visit.

Back