• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Conkey

SheilaShanley

Hello, I was born at Moseley in 1950, and am trying to find my Biological Father - I did a DNA test and the name Conkey seems to be the only possibility. There where 2 Thomas Conkeys in Birmingham at time of my conception (1949) I think they may have been cousins. They would have been born 1920's; my Mother was Kathleen Glennon, a Waitress, lived at Charles Road, Small Heath and then 11a Park Hill Moseley. It's such a long time, and I am sure my B.F would have passed. Anyone with any information would be much appreciated. Thank You.

I can see a Thomas J Conkey on the Bham electoral rolls, 1940s and 1950s

There is a death and a burial for a Thomas John Conkey in Warwick 2008. Dob 19 Jun 1922 and burial suggests he was born in N Ireland...

He was living in Warwick from 2002. Can't see any other records for a Thomas J Conkey in England or Wales.

Which looking at other sites you probably already know all this.
I can see a Thomas J Conkey on the Bham electoral rolls, 1940s and 1950s

There is a death and a burial for a Thomas John Conkey in Warwick 2008. Dob 19 Jun 1922 and burial suggests he was born in N Ireland...

He was living in Warwick from 2002. Can't see any other records for a Thomas J Conkey in England or Wales.
That is probably him, thanks, but he had a cousin called Thomas too, who lived at Farm Street around same time, but he died in Dublin - I don't know when. If only I could find a link between either men and my Mother, the one who died in Warwick, was a Chef I believe, and as Mum was a waitress, that could be how they knew each other. Neither of those men married, so I doubt if I would have siblings. Thank you so much for your help.

Hello, I was born at Moseley in 1950, and am trying to find my Biological Father - I did a DNA test and the name Conkey seems to be the only possibility. There where 2 Thomas Conkeys in Birmingham at time of my conception (1949) I think they may have been cousins. They would have been born 1920's; my Mother was Kathleen Glennon, a Waitress, lived at Charles Road, Small Heath and then 11a Park Hill Moseley. It's such a long time, and I am sure my B.F would have passed. Anyone with any information would be much appreciated. Thank You.
Hello Sheila
The Private Message field won't let me send you one for some reason. However, my Birth Parents lived in the Moseley address too. In the late 50s if this is relevant to you.? I will check as the house number rings a bell.
Best Wishes
Nico

Sheila needs go to her settings for the site and "allow conversation".
She needs to click on her own avatar then privacy and scroll down until she can tick the box for conversations.
Hope this helps.

Hello Sheila
The Private Message field won't let me send you one for some reason. However, my Birth Parents lived in the Moseley address too. In the late 50s if this is relevant to you.? I will check as the house number rings a bell.
Best Wishes
Nico
Hope you can see this reply Nico - I am not very technically minded, so can't do anything with settings. 11a Park Hill, Moseley; it was a Flat in this house that Mum lived in where I was born. If it's any help, my e-mail address is [email protected] and I am also on Facebook. Many thanks, Sheila.

Sheila - well done, you might not be technical but you have set up your account to get conversations. If Nico messages you there will be a number by the little envelope at the top of the page - just click to read the message.

Last edited:
Back