• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

computer help

colin dainty

knowlegable brummie
can anyone help with my old windows vista 7 on my e mail page a box appears showing enter password server the original was tiscali long forgotten so i cannot get my e mails any help appreciated

If you enter any old password, you should get a notification to say it's incorrect but also a link for forgotten password which can be sent to another email address or in some cases, to your mobile as a 'one time only' password (OTP)

If you enter any old password, you should get a notification to say it's incorrect but also a link for forgotten password which can be sent to another email address or in some cases, to your mobile as a 'one time only' password (OTP)
hi curly thanks for your advice have tried this but nothing comes up for a link

Try a Google search for ‘tiscali mail login’. There are other people there with similar problems.

Do you still subscribe to "talktalk"? This is what Tiscali became. If not then the address may no longer exist. Our tiscali address became a talktalk one and I was asked to set up a new password - ages ago.

Not sure if this will help but it's the TalkTalk set up pages.

Attachments

• TTpage1.jpg
    TTpage1.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 13
  • TTpage2.jpg
    TTpage2.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 13
I have been having trouble with Yahoo email from Sky for a while. It doesn't work on Firefox now, "access denied" so I swap to Edge for email. Today I used the normal sign in but it kept changing itself to Guce.Yahoo and It won't let me in at all! I'm hopeless with PC's my husband usually deals with it. I'll get him to phone Sky later!!
rosie.

Rosie
It might be Yahoo. I'm on aol,which was taken over by Yahoo.. it just sometimes does peculiar things like that recently, though not often. A friend who is also aol has had endless trouble since they were taken over - saved folders disappearing forcdats and then reappearing and changes like you describe

Rosie
I just entered the following line in Google Search and also tried it in Bing Search

guce.yahoo.com what is this

Interesting results and maybe with advice about what to do about it.

Thanks everyone, I think it is malware. Good news is my grandaughter just phoned and is coming tomorrow, she helped us before!!
rosie.

I don't think it's malware I have a feeling Amazon are in there somewhere, guce seems to be there to ask you to approve them using your data., it is part of yahoo.

I have been having trouble with Yahoo email from Sky for a while. It doesn't work on Firefox now, "access denied" so I swap to Edge for email. Today I used the normal sign in but it kept changing itself to Guce.Yahoo and It won't let me in at all! I'm hopeless with PC's my husband usually deals with it. I'll get him to phone Sky later!!
rosie.
Make sure you have the latest version of Firefox.

You could try clearing your Firefox web cache and deleting your saved cookies for the site.

(1) Clear Firefox's Cache

See: How to clear the Firefox cache (just web cache, not all site data)

If you have a large hard drive, this might take a few minutes.

(2) Remove your Yahoo cookies

While viewing a page on Yahoo, click the lock icon at the left end of the address bar. After a moment, a "Clear Cookies and Site Data" button or script should appear in a 'dropdown'. Go ahead and click that.

In the dialog that opens, you will see one or more matches to the current address so you can remove the site's cookies individually without affecting other sites.

Then try reloading the page. You may need to log back in to Yahoo.

A problem with the separate screen on my desktop PC led me to try a 37" TV which was the only spare screen I had. I connected it and never seen the BHF looking so big. It overhung my computer desk by 3" per side and I had to sit back 4' otherwise I could see individual pixels. With photos etc it looked brilliant but for typing it was a bit tricky trying to reach the keyboard from 4' back.

I've now solved the problem by buying a HP 27" QHD screen, connecting it to my Acer computer, with my Logitec Webcam on top, and Windows 11 running it ... all these different makes working in perfect harmony. I'm now sitting 20" from the screen typing this ... :)

Just recently got a MacBook Pro after my old IPad gave up. I have typed up some of my Mothers notes about her life in Arthur St using Pages on the Mac. I would like to put the piece on the BHF website but have absolutely no idea how to do that.It’s a one page document at the moment. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Just recently got a MacBook Pro after my old IPad gave up. I have typed up some of my Mothers notes about her life in Arthur St using Pages on the Mac. I would like to put the piece on the BHF website but have absolutely no idea how to do that.It’s a one page document at the moment. Help would be greatly appreciated.
A MacBook Pro ... a brilliant little device !
If you can convert the document to pdf format, the forum software accepts pdf uploads. It is best to not exceed 1.2Mb file size. Try a test upload of a pdf in the forum Test area before you upload your main document. The procedure is the same as uploading images.

An alternative is to simply copy the document text and paste it into your forum post.

Back