• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

community spirit...

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi all..just had to post these...gave me a right giggle...our tom took these pics while at his work experience placement..they are taken in the next road to hermitage road...erdington....parents and kids alike came out to build this wonderful snowman...nice to see a bit of fun and community spirit going on...:).hope you like them.

astoness

I must say although I have found the snow a pain to get to work, it has been lovely to see so many families out enjoying the snow. It is not often these days you see Mom's, Dad's and children out playing together. It really bought a smile to my face in these gloomy times. Lovely photo Lyn!:)

Nice ones Lyn. Walking over to Sainsbury's this morning I passed a snowman with its head "chopped off" and red colouring on the neck bit. Very gory but inventive by the kids. Unfortunately no camera with me.:(

Here's my effort I built him this morning before I went to work. Michael says I haven't got enough to do!:rolleyes:

I took my Grandkids to Elmdon park on Tuesday (Schools Closed) There were 100s there, Whole familys. A lot more than in the Shcool holidays. It was great to see. I bet it was the most exercise a lot of the kids had had for a long time.

Lyn how can cars get past the snowman?. He's lovely mind. Robert guess your right about the exersise and the children. To some youngsters it's their first experience of propper snow. Not that wet stuff. Jean.

robert..glad you had a good time with the grandkids..

jean..with great difficulty..but its not a busy road..our tom said a couple of motorists were moaning a bit but generally took it in good part and turned round....dont think it was up for that long anyway....

lyn

Doesn't it give you hope for the future now family's have discovered the great outdoors :)

Back