• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Comfort zones.

Dahhlinks he IS a star... both in and out of his comfort zone.

I'm so please you were pleased with your performance.... If it's being Videoed by anyone, I would love a copy and I will add a bit more to my donation to the BHF x BHWR.

Pom :angel:

Congratulations Les. Sounds like all went well. Sometimes it is good to step out of that comfort zone and take a risk now and then. Take an extra bow tonight, if only to dodge those tomatoes your friends are supposedly bringing! :D I'm sure they will love it and have been very supportive of you!

Norma

Congratulations Les on your musical debut, I would love to have seen your performance, you have certainly worked hard over the last few months, I heard you rehearsing when you serviced my boiler - remember? We will have your star on Broad Street before too long.

Les, have you see the review of your show in The Birmingham Mail?

Happy Feet Centre Stage
CRAZY FOR YOU

Coleshill Operatic Society.
Solihull Library Theatre

"This is an excellent light-footed show, with a pleasing team of dancers and, in Andrew Alton, who also directs, a central character who has clearly thrown himself into the business of learning to tap.

His Bobby Child has a good voice and turns believeably into the impressario Bela Zangler, with the result that when the two of them meet in the mirror image scene there are plenty of chuckles to be enjoyed.

Full marks, too, to Karl Evans, who is really Bela Zangler, who wants to save a theatre in a one-horse town in Nevada. Andrew Alton has a pleasing pairing with Cat Price - a Polly with an attractive voice. Lisa Lilwall is a sparky Irene and Krystina Murtagh an attractive Tess. This happy production continues until Saturday"

Verdict ***

Congratulations Les on your musical debut, I would love to have seen your performance, you have certainly worked hard over the last few months, I heard you rehearsing when you serviced my boiler - remember? We will have your star on Broad Street before too long.

He's already on Broadband well done Les

Les,

Have you tried lubricating your throat with some JD? I have heard it's quite effective! ;) And don't forget the old addage..The show MUST go on!!!

Norma

Last edited:
Back