• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Colourising Home Guard Photo.

aggie2347

master brummie
I have tried to colourise the above photo but with little or no success. Is there anybody within this group who could do a proper job for me? Thanking you in advance.

Attachments

• Mongeham Home Guard.jpg
    Mongeham Home Guard.jpg
    487.3 KB · Views: 27
There are a few members on here who are much better than I am at colourising photos, but for the time being I pop this one on.

Mongeham-Home-Guard.jpg

Agree entirely with the question, oldMohawk. The coloured version looks nice but it’s no longer as “right” as the original, even with all the limitations of b/w. Please cling on to the original photograph, aggie - THAT’S the genuine historical record of the scene!

Chris

I thoroughly agree. there is nothing wrong with colouring photos, as long as the viewer is aware of what was done, but they are not necessarily the absolutely correct colours am worried that incorrect assumptions may be made in the future

Back