• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Collins, A. E.

theodore

master brummie
Any information on Arthur Edward Collins would be appreciated. Believe he was born 1888 abt. Birmingham (son of Frederick and Sarah Collins ?). Known to have resided at 8 Richmond Terrace, Bolton Road, Small Heath (1915-20?).

Regards
Peter

Appears to be the son of Frederick Collins and Sarah Woollaston, registered Bham Sep qtr 1888.

Possibly had 6 brothers (3 died young) and 6 sisters.

Last edited:
There is a death listed for an Arthur Edward Collins in Victoria, Australia in 1957. Birth is given as 1888 and parents Frederick and Sarah.

Sailed for Australia on 26th August 1921. Aboard the Euripedes bound for Melbourne.

Looks as if he was followed a year later by his wife and 2 children.
Sailed 22 July 1922 aboard the Berrima also bound for Melbourne

Attachments

• 1578692015313.png
    1578692015313.png
    176 KB · Views: 2
  • 1578692469976.png
    1578692469976.png
    145.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
  • Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
Many thanks both (MWS and pjmburns) for your feedback and info which confirms details I already have but needed that little extra information for proof. The passenger lists confirmed it so much appreciated Janice.

Regards

Peter

Back