• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Coleshill Hall Institution Hospital

I was born in Staffs Moorlands and have a records of births , marriages and deaths to help with my family tree searching.
His death was Cheddleton /Leek. Cheddleton was only a village but Leek is the town.

There must have been a good reason for him to have been moved over 60 miles to another hospital when there were 2 very good ones in this area.

Lesley to find any definite answers you should get his death certificate to see his cause of death and his address and who registered his death.
If he was a patient at St Edwards when he died, Stafford records office hold the records of the hospital.
I don't know what the records office is like now but a few years ago you could take proof of identity, register, and search records, I would think with the Covid situation you would have to telephone beforehand.
This is AMAZING thank you so much. I have ordered a death certificate from Ancestry
Thank you SO much

This is AMAZING thank you so much. I have ordered a death certificate from Ancestry
Thank you SO much
Hi I have now received his death certificate. He died in Bagnall Hospital, Bagnall in 1985. So the search continues. I wonder if anyone reading this worked at that hospital. Im trying to find out when he was admitted. Thanks again for all your help everyone. Lesley

Does his certificate have the cause of death and the name of the person who registered his death may
be useful in solving the mystery.

Bagnall is about 3 miles from Cheddleton so it is a mystery.
Years ago Bagnall was an isolation hospital for smallpox patients.

Last edited:
Back