• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Coldstream Guard Private Great War

Bernard67Arnold

master brummie
This was my Dad in the Regiment, he had six sons, I was youngest and the only one to go his
regiment, he died of heart trouble in 1950 while I was on embarcation leave for the Middle East,
Bernard

He looks a great "Coldstreamer" Bernard, and the respect you had for him shows through your words, it must have been with immense pride when he saw you in his old regiment, lovely to see the old swagger stick again, I have one somewhere.
Nuli Secundus
Paul

Bernard what a great photo of your Dad as Paul says your pride and respect comes out in your words and the fact you have this photo.

My great grandfather was in the Coldstream Guards (I have his medals) as was my great grandmother's brother (I have a picture of W.O's & Seargeants of the 2nd Battalion in Shanghai 1927, which I assume he must be on).

Back