• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Coldstream Guard "help"

paul stacey

master brummie
You are right Gerry, the Household Brigade, had all records including the Coldstream Guards, at Birdcage Walk, but are all centralized now. Regards Paul

Gerry Cannell

master brummie
My brother Jack was in the Coldstream Guards mid to late 50's
Dave A
I was in 1959 thru 1964. I served in the 3rd then when that was placed into suspended animation, I was deployed to the 1st Battalion. What was your brothers name and if you know it, what were his first four numbers? That will give me an indication as to when he was actually serving. Cheers! Gerry

adap2it

master brummie
I was in 1959 thru 1964. I served in the 3rd then when that was placed into suspended animation, I was deployed to the 1st Battalion. What was your brothers name and if you know it, what were his first four numbers? That will give me an indication as to when he was actually serving. Cheers! Gerry
Jack Astley...He joined up before we left Brum, so that would have been pre 1956. Our dad was livid that he joined the "footsloggers". Apparently the recruiting officer was very convincing...the fact my brother was 6'tall, he was perfect for the guards. He is still alive and coming up to 83 years old next month.
Dave A

Gerry Cannell

master brummie
Jack Astley...He joined up before we left Brum, so that would have been pre 1956. Our dad was livid that he joined the "footsloggers". Apparently the recruiting officer was very convincing...the fact my brother was 6'tall, he was perfect for the guards. He is still alive and coming up to 83 years old next month.
Dave A
Jack Astley.....can't recall him, ask him if he was in the 3rd Battalion stationed at Wellington Barracke, in Birdcage Walk, opposite, Buckingham Palace, and let me have his first four numbers. Stay safe.

Gerry Cannell

master brummie
His number was 23206822...He came out in '59.
Dave A
Ah, that's why I wouldn't know him. I went in in that year, and my first four were 2365****. Ask him if he remembers this guy...JAN HOOPER! I bet he will, as he would be in with Jack. This is Jan inspecting rifles for cleanliness, in 1958.

Attachments

• 29955405_10213485321340712_926998485_o.jpg
    29955405_10213485321340712_926998485_o.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 7