• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Coffey Mick

John Co

proper brummie kid
Anyone remember mick Coffey, coop dairy kin standing, looked after the horses, I am his son John, you met remember my brother and I, we helped my dad when we were kids, and caused general chaos aroun the place.,

Are you any relation to the Coffey family from Scarsdale Road.I grew up and worked with Dave Coffey at the Dairy in the 1960's.Dave worked there many years.......a lot longer than I did.

Yes I certainly am, they are my cousins, my auntie nell, and uncle John, my dad's younger brother,I remember him being quite I'll when we visited them as kids, ashamed to say we never kept in touch, I don't know if any of the family still live there. Dave must have known my dad mick if he worked at king standing, I also remember a vince Ramon, his dad was the caretaker at the army barracks next door to the dairy, another place that my brother and I helped to clean as kids, and of course being kids caused all sorts of chaos, great fun.

The Coffeys were still in Scarsdale Road 3 years ago when I made a visit from Australia.I did not get to see Dave but I had a chat with his elder brother John.

That's interesting, one of my uncles and family emigrated to Australia some years ago, uncle Albert and auntie dolly,and th children John, michael, and a baby girl I can't remember her name, they went to adelaide I think ,it is strange that I have two cousins named John, my name is john, my brothers name is michael also, all from the same generation. I will try and contact the Scarsdale road mob if poss, thanks for all the info, I have just retired and am keen to contact family from long ago,

Back