• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Cockshut Hill School

Chrissywale

Brummie babby
I was at Cockshut Hill School 1963-1967 and could have wrote the above word for word. Happy days. I'm not too clever with History due to the fact that we had Mr Williams (wilf) (Gold finger) for that period and he was always sending me down to jobs news agents for fags.
Was there same time as you, what stream were you in?

Halmann

Anybody remember Graham Read, Melvyn Durant and other members of 63-68 boys?
Yes.... also Phil Maddox, Clive Tolley, Mick Broadrick, Steve Thompson, Phil Burston, Dave Corbett.... and I remember someone who punched Boggie Marsh. Ha Ha. Good memories from those years.

Chrissywale

Brummie babby
Phil Gibbs was the teacher for those with learning difficulties and he was very good at it. People in those days called them remedials.

She was very strict but got results.

Mr. Fred Leeson was in science. Mr. Roy Leeson was maths at that time and Mr. Enderby was maths then. Mr. Bashford took geography.

Was she related to Malcolm?
I remember Mr Gibbs his classroom was 1st floor on the corner next to the art room.

Chrissywale

Brummie babby
Yes.... also Phil Maddox, Clive Tolley, Mick Broadrick, Steve Thompson, Phil Burston, Dave Corbett.... and I remember someone who punched Boggie Marsh. Ha Ha. Good memories from those years.
Remember all of those they were in my form. I had the honour of being the first in my form to be caned, 2 strokes on the hand from Mr Robson for talking while he was taking register, remember it bloody hurt lol