• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Cock Inn - Bartley Green

• Thread starter www.midlandspubs.co.uk
  • Start date
Senneley's park, was where we went to the fair each year. in the late 50's early 60's, wonder if anyone has any photo's.

my Grandad used to drink in there i believe possibly from the 50's through to the 80's Harold Horton if anyone knew him?

I worked there in the late 60's as a part-time barman for a gaffer called Geoff Ducross. He used to use a Double Diamond glass for his shots of rum. The Cock was my Dad's drinking place in the 50's before Bartley Green Social Club was built.

My family used to go to the Cock Inn. Harry Strawbridge my G Grandfather (1890 - 1962), Sidney Strawbridge my Grandfather (1913-1965)and Harry Strawbridge my G Uncle (1919-1998).

Can anyone remember them?

I believe in the mid 50's it was the "Terminus Cafe", as it was originally, the terminus for the trams, and later the bus's to turn around. Paul

I worked there in the late 60's as a part-time barman for a gaffer called Geoff Ducross. He used to use a Double Diamond glass for his shots of rum. The Cock was my Dad's drinking place in the 50's before Bartley Green Social Club was built.
Hello, I also worked there as a part time barman in 1963/64. The gaffers name was actually Geoff DuCrow. I lived at the house next door. Geoff had previously served in the Royal Navy, probably where he acquired his taste for rum. His tales of a life at sea, persuaded me to join the Navy as well.

Back