• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Coachsmiths arms small heath Hare&Hounds Minworth

Suze

master brummie
Hello My grandad William Thursfield kept both of these pubs...the Arms in the 30s 40s maybe and the H and H in the 50's When I was a litle girl I used to stand on the bar at the H and H and recite the alphabet...any memories or photos please?

Just looking through lots of old photos on the site. Does nobody have a photo of the Coachsmiths Arms in Small Heath,or any memories.I would love to be able to file them on my laptop to take to show my Mum,she will be so pleased to see where her Dad lived ...so all you lovely helpful people they must be there somewhere?

These any good ?

Where was the Coachsmiths in Small Heath ?
A lost photo replaced, but not necessarily original one
Minworth Hare & Hounds.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely!! Thanks.Interesting the older photo makes the pub look smaller.I have saved them to show Mum,she will be thrilled.
The Coachsmiths was in Watery Lane.no 12 or 13.

Suze love the Hare and Hounds Minworth and go there with our son quite often in the summer as he only lives down the road from there. Jean.

The coachsmiths arms is , i'm pretty sure, the buildong marked red on the map. I did post a picture sometime ago of the scrapyard next door with the pub on the side, but it seems to have been cut. Iim not sure what i filed it under, but will repost when i find it.
Mike

map_c1970_watery_lane_coachmans_arms.jpg

My Mum has just said that before Grandad took over the pub the previous landlord had hanged himself .Anybody know anything about that story? It was in the early 50's.

Back