• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Coach and Motor Spring Manufacturer

Mogmeister

Brummie babby
Hi ,
Would anyone be able to help me please , i have just seen the 1921 census , it shows my uncle working at Richard ( then it looks like Bunt ) and son , Alma Street , Birmingham , the business is listed as a Coach and Motor Spring Manufacturer .

Any pictures or information would fill in a lot of spaces .

Mogmeister .

hopefully someone can help you ...if memory serves me correct there was 2 alma streets in birmingham..where did your uncle live

lyn

1932 ( will try to find 1921) Kelly's directory has Richard Berry and sons at 124 Alma Street coach spring makers.
(Alma Street Aston)

Haven't found 1921 but same firm listed there in 1912.

we have a thread for alma street aston with a few old photos on it but can say as i have seen any of this company but maybe worth a look

lyn

1932 ( will try to find 1921) Kelly's directory has Richard Berry and sons at 124 Alma Street coach spring makers.
(Alma Street Aston)

Haven't found 1921 but same firm listed there in 1912.
Hi Janice , relooking at the census the surname that i couldnt read might be Berry and not Bunt .

the school on the map is my old school alma st school..this is the best photo i can find of the side of the street where the works were.. the large building on the left is the crocodile works then next to that going up and out of sight is the school..at a rough guess i would say the works is on the right near to the first car as i can see a gated entrance also shown on the map but it is only a rough guess

alma st 2.jpg

Last edited:
Back