• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Co-op horse

postie

The buck stops here
Staff member
Remember your moms divi number ? 111766

Attachments

• Alum Rock Bowyer Rd.  Co op Milkman Alan Judd with Bonita c1937   .jpg
    Alum Rock Bowyer Rd. Co op Milkman Alan Judd with Bonita c1937 .jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited by a moderator:
:angel: Mom never told us kids her's, she thought like the Ration books if someone got hold of it they could pinch her Divvy

Chris :angel:

Mom said "Never forget this number....16750" Looks like I haven't forgotten....nowhere to go and say it these days...or did I read the Co-op were bringing back a similar system?

914121 moms divy went towards JY s grammar school uniform bought from the co op in town

postie, that ain't the 'oss wot got shot outside your house, is it? (It was you who told us about that, wasn't it?)

No mate that aint the one that was shot outside my house, his name was WANG, this ones called BONITA

Here in Tamworth,they are all Co op mad,think it must have been the first shop ever in Tamworth!! :angel:

Some memories should fade, I remember my Nan going to the toilet in a caravan, it was quite unbeleivable. Us kids nearly died trying to stifle our laughs. :2funny:

Its a CO-OP horse for Gods sake :( Not your family :tickedoff:

GOD.
I REMEMBER THE CARD.
THE NUMBER!
I'M PART DYSLEXIC-FIELD DEPENDENT ADD
SO MATH, LATIN AN EXQUISITELY GORGEOUS BUGBEAR....
[i'd absolutely have to write it on the back of my hand]

Imprinted on my brain 30700.
Had second thoughts Alf after what you said , l have looked all over but cannot find the horse registration number anywhere.
I guess you will get the last laugh Alf.

Born 1953 - William Street Lozells - I remember our co-op milkman was named Albert. I can see him now, a big mop of black curly hair and Buddy Holly type specs. Can't recall his horses name though ! Moms co-op No. was 70657 and my nans was 105505

I seem to remember that the 'breadman' also delivered by hoss'n'cart

Hi, silhouette53, You mentioned being born in 1953 in William St, Lozells. My Wife was born there to at 3/43 William St. in 1928. We came to USA in 1953. the year you were born. It's a small world.
Have a nice day, Wally.

OUR MOM, S NUMBER, WAS 23276O IT,S LIKE YOUR ARMY NUMBER YOU,LL NEVER FORGET LAD,S AND WHAT ABOUT THE BIG BLACK PASS BOOK , YOU HAD TOTAKE WITH YOU TO GET YOUR ANNUAL RETURNS TO GET YOUR CASH EVERY 6 MONTH,S YOU TOOK IT TO THE BIG STORE , IN YOU GO ,UP ON THE OLD FASHION CAGED LIFT TO THE TOP FLOOR OFFICE AND GET CONFRONTED IN THE BIG QUE,S, MY MOM ALWAYS SENT ME WITH A NOTE, I HATED IT, TIMES WERE HARD. REGARDING ANGIE,S REMARK, THE COOP MUST BE THE ONLY SHOP THEY HAVE IN TAMWORTH, TO BE COOP MAD, BEST WISHES ASTONIAN ,;;;;

Co-op horses.

:D:D:DMy husband worked for the co-op when he was a teenager on the milk. Do you remember the horse that bolted and went through the plate glass window of the co-op on Witton Island?. His horse used to know where to stop. Bye. Jean.:Da walk, were,through a tme warp?,The last horse and cart i saw in england belonged to the coop, it looked like draculars carrage.Going down the meadway[/quote]

if i went back to our old house in kelynmead rd south Yardley,i,m sure it would still be on the wall where it was wrote all them years ago.
happy days regards dereklcg.

Back