• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

CLOTHES AND SHOES OF YESTERYEAR

Vivienne14

Super Moderator
Staff member
I remember when you couldn’t get girls ‘ jeans. We had to buy boys jeans. I remember having my first pair - Wranglers - which were so big on the waist they felt like they were falling down. There was always an excess of denim at the back. When you buy jeans today, it’s a major exercise; choice of high waist, low waist, enhancers, skinny, narrow, bootleg etc etc. Just a good pair of well fitting jeans will do me nicely thank you. Viv.

Radiorails

master brummie
I never cared for jeans. I did have a brown pair - just to be different, I guess, from the ubiquitous blue. This was when I was in my late twenties. What I particularly disliked was it was nigh impossible to get your hands in or out of the pockets.
Nowadays it appears that many people have a problem keeping their rear anatomy in the things!!

mikejee

Super Moderator
Staff member
I remember when you couldn’t get girls ‘ jeans. We had to buy boys jeans. I remember having my first pair - Wranglers - which were so big on the waist they felt like they were falling down. There was always an excess of denim at the back. When you buy jeans today, it’s a major exercise; choice of high waist, low waist, enhancers, skinny, narrow, bootleg etc etc. Just a good pair of well fitting jeans will do me nicely thank you. Viv.
Viv
Excuse my ignorance , but what do the enhancers enhance ?

Richarddye

master brummie
I wear jeans most of the time. Necessary when gardening/Diy/ or walking my westie over the fields. Stretch fabric of course !
I spent 50 years wearing suits, blazers ties and white or blue shirts! I wear jeans when I can, not sure about the stretch :) I still have plenty of the other stuff, jeans are comfortable!