• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Clifton Road Balsall Heath

I just thought there might be more chance of somebody remembering her if she worked at a local pub.

Yeah that's the problem - all my family that are still alive have only heard of her by name and they've never seen her or know much about her :(

Mike
79 is in red. 123 in blue

map_c_1913_clifton_rdB_no_79_and_123.jpg
I used to stay at my grans at no 188 from about 1952 to 1956

Wow Phil that's a great map there!! - I had a great-great aunt live at no. 59 from the late 1930's until about 1960 her name was May Matthews (later Sallis) and she worked as a barmaid. I noticed there was an Inn on the corner of what I presume is Malvern Street. It looks like it has now been turned into flats but what was the name of the Inn? I wonder if that is where she worked as a barmaid?

Thomas.
If you look at the map onn post 12, you will see it marked as the Railway Inn

Hi, does anyone remember the Daniel family who lived at 193 Clifton road? They lived there till 1973, Arthur Daniel was his name

Back