• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Cleaver Claudine

mah

master brummie
Claudine Cleaver is listed on the 1901 Wales census aged 5 at her grandparents address.Can find no trace of her on 1911 census and there is no sign of a death listed so where did she go ? can anyone help,also parents names would be useful.

Re: Claudine Cleaver

Hi there,looking at the 1901 census,her father is named as Henry.(same as the 2 grandsons)
On the 1891 census,things look a little more complicated!! No father present for Thomas and a mixture of grandchildren and children!!
1891 Wales Census
about Thomas Davies
Relation: Grandson Gender: Male
Where born: Manafon, Montgomeryshire, Wales
Civil parish: Manafon Ecclesiastical parish: Manafon
Town: New Mills
County/Island: Montgomeryshire Country: Wales
Street Address: (can't read this!!)
Registration district: Newtown Sub-registration district: Tregynon
ED, institution, or vessel: 7
Household Members:
William Davies 59 Road worker (foreman)
Mary Davies 50 Midwife
Kate Davies 29 (daughter)general servant
Elizabeth Davies 17 (daughter) general servant
Jane Davies 13 (daughter)
William Davies 11 (grandson)
Frederick Davies 9 (grandson)
Howell Davies 9 (son)
Mary Davies 6 (granddaughter)
Elizabeth Howells 6 (boarder)
Thomas Davies 1 (grandson)
Quite a puzzle!!

the birth details are

claudine alice cleaver 1896 apr-jun aston 6d 273

if you could send for this certificate it will give you parents names and mothers maiden name. it should also give you fathers occupation.

Here is possible birth certificate ref number which,if sent for,should show mother and possibly father.
Claudine Alice Cleaver
Year of Registration: 1896
Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun
District: Aston (1837-1924)
County: Warwickshire
Volume: 6d
Page: 273

thank you Shera and Ladylinda for info. have now obtained birth cert.which confirms she was my grandmothers younger sister,who we did not know about.My grandmother called her first daughter Claudine too,so wonder if she died and she was named after her.have not found details of her death though and wonder if she lived abroad as know one of Grans relatives was thought to live in
Oregon U.S.A.

Back