• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Clarke/Babbington

senoraruz

master brummie
Please does anyone have any memory of Ellen (Nellie) Clarke who died 1938 at 4back19 Alfred Street Handsworth.
She had several children who would have been adults by the time she died,3 with the surname Babbington, Ellen, Rosie & Ernest, plus Lilian & William Clarke. There may well have been others.
Bit of a mystery lady, so any info would be gratefully recieved.
The family is also known to have lived at 3/73 Wattville Road Handsworth, much earlier.

Hi Senoraruz,
Would this be Ellen K Clarke who died in 1938? If so she may have been my Grandfathers younger sister.

Regards
Clarkie

Hi Clarkie.
Yes, it certainly would. Ellen Kirby Clarke b 30.9.1875 86 Northwood Street Birmingham.
Bit of a puzzle. She married John Babbington & they moved to Sheffield where Helen 1899 & Rosie 1900 were born
Nellie moved back to Birmingham after John died & in 1911 is still Babbington, with the 2 girls plus Lily 1907 & Ernest 1910. Who was their father???
Also she became Clarke again but no marriage found & had William 1913. He married my Dad´s cousin Muriel Hughes & I have had contact with their son Stanley.
Anything you can tell me about the family would be much appreciated.
Marion

Hi Marion,
I have quite an amount of information on my Clarke family. I will send a PM to you.

Clarkie

Thanks Teresa.
Am now busily exchanging info with Clarkie. My real interest is that one of Nellie Clarke´s sons married my Dad´s cousin Muriel Hughes.
Suppose I´m just being nosey really, but Muriel´s paren´ts died before I was born & her Mum was my Gran´s sister, so I´m keen to find soneone who may have known them.
Marion

Back