• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Clara Morris

Slight wrinkle. Clara appears to be on the 1911 census living with a sister. Listed as single with no children with her.

Could indicate that she never actually married George Morris and he's dead or not.

did wonder if clara had not married mws....where is she living on the 1911

lyn

Think I've found Clara and Emily in 1901 living in Romsey, Hampshire boarders of William Reeves. Birthplace appears to be listed wrongly as Walsall, London.

There's also a Solomon Morris, who appears to be wrongly registered as Samuel in 1884, living in London in 1901 an apprentice bootmaker listed as an inmate. Birthplace is listed as Bham but still could be him.

In 1891 he's listed as Solomon (Monis).

More info suggesting that Clara Morris was born Clara Blake.

Henry Blake living at 28 Kirby St was, acoording to the 1939 register, born 26 Feb 1860. Luckily there is dob given on his baptism which matches (though wrongly out by a year). Registration is Mar qtr 1860.

Parents are John and Mary Blake.

Baptism is 16 Jan 1863 and Clara was baptised on the same day as were siblings Joseph and Charlotte.

John Blake married Mary (Ann) Morris 3 Aug 1845 at St Phillip's. He marries Hannah Dixon in 1863 after Mary's death earlier that year.

I was hoping to find a connection between Mary and George but apart from Mary's father being called George nothing else.

Thank you one and all for your replies to my posting re Clara Morris, this has been helpful.

Regards

Peter

Back