• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

civillian war dead

Grea

master brummie
I am trying to find any newspaper report regarding a relative who was killed in ww2. Ancestry records show John Cash died at home 8/85 Shakespear rd Ladywood in July 1942, aged 38. he has been recorded as a civillian casualty. I suspect bombing. Any help would be appreciated G

There might be something reported in the Birmingham Mail on 10th August 1942. There's a search result for Shakespear Road on findmypast saying something about the late Jack Cash but you need a subscription to see it all.

Just spotted that another resident at the same address was injured
William Henry Bailey not known if it was a fatal injury or not.

Yes, have notice this person living there when doing research but never took any notice of him. Have looked at 1939 register which includes another Bailey. Thanks for bringing it to my attention G

I was wondering where you found the information regarding the other injured person (William Bailey) from, I am unable to locate it G

i have moved this thread from general discussion to the appropriate section of the forum as we do have a section for this topic

Back