• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

City Skyline 2010

Ian FOFB

Brummie yes ! Novice no !
I was out at Birmingham Wheels last week - taking the little one to a go-karting party and had never seen the city skyline from this viewpoint. I was amazed at the vista featuring most of the iconic buildings - old and new .

And here's a few more to follow - taken from one on the city centre buildings on Hill Street / Station Street corner. More to follow.

Ian I agree with Lyn, the photo's are lovely a whole new perspective on the city thanks for posting them

Ian excellent pics, :) will sort mine out, but not so high as yours, mine from the top of the car park near Moor St Station last Thursday 4th March

Thanks Dave - more great pics . The skyline is constantly changing at the moment - I think I counted 12 cranes the other day - the majority seem to be building things connected to the University - mainly student digs by the looks of it - I wonder where the funding is coming from ?

I was out at Birmingham Wheels last week - taking the little one to a go-karting party and had never seen the city skyline from this viewpoint. I was amazed at the vista featuring most of the iconic buildings - old and new .

Ian back in the 50-60 that used to be Bordesley tip no garbage just rubble in those days we used to play on there it had it,s own pair of Sky Larks that used to sing high up in the sky we found the nest with eggs in one year. Dek

Like the ones of St Martins alongside the Selfridges carbuncle. I hope I grow to like the golfball it's quickly becoming an easily recognisable feature.

Ian back in the 50-60 that used to be Bordesley tip no garbage just rubble in those days we used to play on there it had it,s own pair of Sky Larks that used to sing high up in the sky we found the nest with eggs in one year. Dek

I had no idea Wheels was a tip at one time . It was my first visit there , like a lot of other things really - it's on your doorstep but you don't see it or bother visiting it.

Some great pics here. You get a completely different perspective on the City just by looking from a higher vantage point.

Bob

Is Wheels in Landor Street?
If so, I did my apprenticeship into the printing industry there, at Landor Cartons in the early seventies!

Back